We have 8 guests online
- 8: Herod Massacres Children
- 194: Life is Death if no Perception of God
- 80: Learn to Work Well
- 57: The Reprobates at the Judgment Day
- 83: The Other Food
- 215: Divine Rescue of Jesus
- 189: The Sun Stood Still for 12 Hours
- 141: Contemplate on Death
- 195:Jesus in the house of Lazarus
- 191: Book of Moses on the Messiah
Then answered Peter: 'O master, truly the justice of God is great, and today this discourse hath made thee sad; therefore, we pray thee, rest, and to-morrow tell us what hell is like.'
Jesus answered: 'O Peter, thou tellest me to rest; O Peter, knowest not what thou sayest, else thou hadst not spoken thus. Verily I say unto you, that rest in this present life is the poison of piety and the fire which consumeth every good work. Have ye then forgotten how Solomon, God's prophet, with all the prophets, hath reproved sloth? True it is that he saith: "The idle will not work the soil for fear of the cold, therefore in summer shall he beg!" Wherefore he said: "All that thy hand can do, do it without rest." And what saith Job, the most innocent friend of God: "As the bird is born to fly, man is born to work." Verily I say unto you, I hate rest above all things.'
|< Prev||Next >|